Once you have accepted a match, you can initiate a secure and live conversation with the prospective buyer by following these steps:
- Log in to your account.
- Click “My Portal” on the top bar.
- Choose “Matches” on the top left-hand side of the screen.
- Scroll through the list of Buyers until you find the prospective buyer you wish to initiate a conversation.
- Once you find the buyer, click on the messages icon next to their name.
- Type an introduction in the “Type Something” field and click send!
Note: at this point you can choose to send a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) before disclosing anything private or confidential. Here’s how to initiate an NDA.
The buyer will be notified once you accept their match, however, it is good practice for you to reach out and greet the buyer. Introduce yourself and the business to initiate conversation. By only accepting the match, you are leaving it to the buyer to come back and start a conversation. Being proactive will help you retain the prospective buyer’s attention and maintain control of the conversation.